Back to Blog
Seafood is Taking Over!
Shhh, the secret's out! Seafood is taking over Lady Luck® Casino Vicksburg! You may be wondering: Just what exactly is the Seafood Takeover? At Lady Luck Casino Vicksburg, our fabulous restaurants, Otis & Henry's® Bar and Grill and Farmer's Pick Buffet®, will be serving mouthwatering, sizzling seafood specials at affordable prices starting this July! It's a dining experience you definitely don't want to miss.
We've got an assortment of seafood dishes that everyone can enjoy. From our buffet to our daily specials, we truly offer something for everyone.
• Farmer's Pick Buffet: Delight in our Upgraded Seafood Buffet, Fridays and Saturdays, from 5p.m. to 10 p.m. for $27.99. There's a $2 discount for Select, Gold, Platinum and Millionaire Fan Club members to enjoy. The menu items include Southern fried shrimp, BBQ shrimp, shrimp Creole, shrimp fettuccine, golden fried Mississippi catfish, lemon pepper baked fish, seafood jambalaya, fried calamari, oysters and crab legs. Yum!
• Otis and Henry's: Daily Special (Monday-Friday 5-10 p.m.) Each day, guests can enjoy a different Seafood Takeover special of the day, including lobster, shrimp and more!
Many people know seafood as being light on calories and incredibly tasty. Seafood has long been regarded as "brain food," because it contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for your mental and physical health. Eating fish once or twice a week is enough to reap its benefits. In case you need more convincing, we've got five other great reasons why you should start incorporating fish into your diet today.
• It Prevents Heart Disease: A recent study was conducted among Danish women by the Hypertension: Journal of American Heart Association, which found women who ate little or no fish, were 50 percent or more likely to experience heart problems than women who ate fish once a week. Additional research has been shown, eating fish high in omega-3s can significantly lessen blood fat levels, which means a lower risk of heart disease.
• It Reduces the Risk of Alzheimer's: Scientists have long believed larger brain volume dramatically lower's the risk of Alzheimer's disease. According to the Radiological Society of North America, people who ate baked or broiled fish had larger cells in the areas of the brain associated with learning and memory.
• It Improves Skin and Hair: Of course, being healthy on the inside is great, but looking good is just as important. Ingesting an adequate amount of omega-3s can help contribute to shiny, healthy-looking hair and can help skin conditions such as psoriasis.
• It Helps Depression: Multiple studies have shown, when taken in conjunction with antidepressant medications, that the omega-3s in fish are much more effective in treating depression than just medication by itself. In a study conducted with 52 pregnant women, just 300 mg capsule of omega-3s was enough to reduce the risk of postpartum depression.
• It Boosts Brain Development: While EFA omega-3s are vital to the brain development of adults, they're of particular benefit towards the brain development of children. There has been significant research, which has shown that ingesting omega-3s daily can help treat symptoms of ADHD in children.
The summer will be over before you know it. Stop by for a little gaming, but stay for the seafood. Don't be the last to take part in the Seafood Takeover. Our summer schedule is full of exciting festivities, and gaming fun. Stay updated on special offers and promotions by following us on Facebook and Twitter.