Do you like BBQ? If you said "Yes," then why not saddle on down to Lady Luck Casino® Vicksburg for the Big PigOut dining event this November? The highlight of the month is the big BBQ Festival happening at Lady Luck Casino Vicksburg on November 8. Before we get to all that, let’s learn a little more about what you’re eating.
What is Saint Louis BBQ?
As you peruse The Big PigOut™ menus, you will see Saint Louis (STL) BBQ mentioned several times. Kingsford© – a leading BBQing Charcoal manufacturer – proclaimed Saint Louis as "America's Top Grilling City" with heavily-sauced, sweet, sticky, smoky, tomato-based barbecue! The U.S. Department of Agriculture even designated a specific "Pork Ribs, St. Louis Style" due to the numerous meat-packing plants in the area. Vicksburg might not be St. Louis, but these restaurants are proudly serving up this sweet, sweet style of BBQ!
It's Swine Dine Time!
Get your fill of ribs, pork and the fixin’s at the Big PigOut. You’ll be able to choose from BBQ meals served by a variety of restaurants, enjoy gaming and take part in some cool Facebook (FB) contests this November! You might even win your own grill and some spending cash too.
The BBQ Festival!
On Saturday, November 8, 2014 you’re invited to The Big PigOut BBQ Festival hosted just outside of the Lady Luck Arena! This festival is full of food, drinks, tons of BBQ, live entertainment, door prizes and more! Proceeds from the event will be benefitting the United Way®. This is a rain or shine event that is ONLY $5!
The Rest of The Big PigOut Month
Pork connoisseurs can try out their favorite cuts from the top restaurants in the Lady Luck Casino, including Farmer's Pick Buffet®, The Lone Wolf®, O&H Express® and Otis & Henry's®. Let’s see what they’re serving up!
Farmer's Pick Buffet
The Farmer's Pick Buffet has the freshest ingredients from local vendors. Patrons can enjoy these items as part of an All-You-Can-Eat BBQ special every Friday and Saturday:
- Barbecue Beef
- Smoked Spare Ribs
- Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob
- Root Beer Glazed Smoked Brisket
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Loaded Baked Beans
- Sweet Rolls
- Sweet Potato Casserole
The Lone Wolf
The Lone Wolf offers more of a sports bar atmosphere with big screens, games, and live entertainment. For the Big PigOut, guests can choose one of the following entrees:
- How about four (4) Saint Louis Smoked Ribs doused in Bourbon BBQ sauce with some kettle chips and coleslaw tossed in?
- If you prefer chopped beef, the BBQ Chopped Beef Sandwich with tangy sauce, kettle chips and coleslaw might be better.
- "Wing a Ding Ding" with some tasty Bourbon BBQ Chicken Wings with a delicious side of ranch.
- Or, how about the BBQ Pork Pizza with Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork in Tangy BBQ sauce served with peppers, onions, tomatoes and cheddar cheese on flat bread.
O&H Express is ideal for a quick breakfast to get you ready for the day ahead. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, O&H is ready to satisfy your hunger.
To celebrate the BBQ Big PigOut, O&H Express® has an 8-ounce Smoked Ham Steak, two eggs and hash browns for the complete breakfast meal.
Otis & Henry's®
And we can't forget Otis & Henry's®... for those who want a friendly neighborhood environment. Enjoy the mouth-watering sandwiches, steaks and ribs. Breakfast is served all day too!
- • The Smoked Chicken Green Salad has chilled in-house smoked chicken breasts on greens, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, bacon bits and blackberry vinaigrette.
- • The Big Brisket is Dry-Rubbed, Smoked Root Beer BBQ Glazed Brisket served on a sweet onion bun and is topped with onion rings. Add some sweet-and-sour coleslaw and French fries to seal the deal.
- • Time to Pig Out with the PigOut Platter Sliced Brisket, Saint Louis Ribs and BBQ Pulled Pork with coleslaw and potato salad.
- • Is it time for Mardi Gras yet? The Bourbon BBQ Chicken Breast Sandwich smothered in Bermuda onions, bacon and cheddar cheese is served on a tasty sourdough bun with pecan bacon!
What does Facebook and Pork have in common?
The casino is sponsoring a number of "Social Fan Giveaways" during the Big PigOut.
- • From November 3 to November 19 - Follow the Big PigOut closely on Twitter to find out when #BIGPIGOUT surprises will be announced. These include FanPlay, swag and other prizes just for checking your Facebook page. The #BBQSHOWDOWN has a lot to offer.
- • From November 12 to November 18 - The "Battle of the Chefs" will determine who wears the crown of "Best BBQ in Vicksburg!" You can check out the meals on Facebook and vote! Voters will be entered into a Big Pig Out prize package that includes a brand new grill and $100 cash!
You will be ready to Pig Out with your friends and family at home all thanks to Facebook and the Lady Luck Casino of Vicksburg.
So if you like pork, games, fun and social media, the Lady Luck Casino is where you want to be this November!