Back to Blog
3 Unique Hamburger Recipes to Try This Season
If you haven’t had the best burger of your life yet, you really need to experience that. We want that for you. That’s why we came up with a few unique hamburger recipes to try this season, in celebration of National Hamburger Day on May 28th. Don’t knock them until you try them! Let’s get this list started:
Talk about being the talk of the town! Try spicing up your hamburger with some taco seasoning, and adding crushed tortilla chips for a little bit of crunch. Plus, don’t forget the standard taco musts, including melted jack cheese, salsa & sour cream.
• 1 lb. ground beef
• 1 package (1 oz.) mild Ol’ El Paso™ taco seasoning
• 2 tablespoons grated onion
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• Salt and black pepper
• 1 cup crushed corn chips
• 4 slices cheddar jack cheese
• 4 hamburger buns
• Lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa, for topping
1. Heat a gas or charcoal grill.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, taco seasoning, grated onion and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the crushed tortilla chips and lightly combine. Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
3. Place the patties on the grill over medium heat. Close grill and cook, turning once, until desired doneness – about 10 minutes for medium. Top each patty with the cheese and cook just until the cheese melts.
4. Layer the buns with sour cream, a patty, lettuce, tomato and salsa.
Bet you didn’t see a no-beef burger option coming. Give this one a try!
• 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• ½ cup dry bread crumbs
• ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
• ½ cup finely chopped onion
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
• 4 lettuce leaves
1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce.
It’s been said that these have been a hit at parties!
• 1 lb. medium shrimp
• 4 large shallots, chopped (or 1 large onion)
• 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
• 2 eggs
• 1 ounce grated cheese
• ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Take shrimp and dice into small pieces, chopped shallots, add seasoned bread crumbs, eggs, parsley and grated cheese.
2. Mix all together well with spoon to make into desired size and deep fry or Pan Fry or Grill. Serve on bun with either tartar sauce or, even better, hot sauce.
Feast on a Build-Your-Own-Burger at Otis & Henry’s®!
Our in-house bar & grill offers another way to celebrate National Hamburger Day, with our build-your-own-burger option. We take a hand-patted 8oz. burger and top it with whatever you want. Our toppings include:
Cheese: Swiss, provolone, cheddar, or American.
Any or all of the following: Pecan bacon, fried egg, fresh spinach, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed onions, jalapenos, chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato, Bermuda onions and pickles.
Memorial Day Madness
Plus, don’t miss our Memorial Day Madness promotion, on Friday, May 26th and Saturday, May 27th. From 7pm – 11pm, you could be one of the lucky winners chosen to win a share of $7,500 FanPlay® each night. Every 100 tier points earned on the promotional days count as an extra entry into the drawing. Good luck, and remember to enjoy a delicious burger before you play!